How To Knit Mens Slippers | Here’s Everything You Need To Know About
The shoe industry is growing rapidly, with thousands of people connected with it each day. Millions of shoes are produced by a single brand of different shapes, sizes, and colors throughout the year. Moreover, there are many brands with huge manufacturing companies dealing with the shoes. However, have you ever thought of knitting slippers at home? Of course, this is something that may seem too weird, but it’s true. No, it is possible to knit the Mens Slippers UK like other woolen footwear. Well, we are sure that now you would be wandering around with excitement to get more information about knitting at home. Thus, here in this article, we will decode the men’s slippers and the procedure of how the slippers are knitted.
The slippers we are talking about are more like socks. You can call them woolen socks because they are no different from socks. Well, these slippers have been in use for thousands of years and have the basic purpose of providing comfort and protecting you from the cold because feet can catch a cold easily.
Well, the slippers for men are not confined to one or two types. They have many options to choose from. Sometimes, the slippers’ range confused the customers about which to get. Well, here, we will focus mainly on the wide market of men’s slippers with the knitting process of those slippers. So, stay with us if you want to know the knitting process. Here are some of the things you will need to knit the slippers.
Things you need
- First, you need high-quality branded yarn to start the knitting process.
- The second thing one needs is 2 single point knitting needles of the size us 9
- Shoes of the desired size
- Gauge: 2 inches
Knitting The Slippers – The Actual process
The process of knitting slippers is similar to knitting a jersey, but you have to follow certain instructions.
- Sole: Before knitting anything, the first part that is threaded is the sole of a slipper. You have to measure the size of the sole by comparing it with a shoe’s sole. Take the shoe of your desired size, then measure it with a scale and start knitting the sole of that size. After the sole is prepared, again compare it with the shoe sole, and if there is any difference, make the adjustments accordingly.
- Knitting the foot: The next step is to incorporate the feet. Both the feet are threaded, but before winding down the actual size and starting knitting.
- Cuff: The last step is the cuff. The upper portion of any shoe is the cuff. How long or short cuffs are set depends on the choice; some like long cuffs, and some like short. Just knit the cuffs according to your preference.
This article makes our readers aware of how to knit men’s slippers as many people are interested in such things. We researched and brought you the information for such readers, which is helpful if followed properly.